R&M establishes a Joint venture with AVIC International Ship Development (China) Co. Ltd.
On 02 August 2017 R&M signed a contract for an equity Joint Venture called “R&M Marine Interior Turnkey Company (Shanghai) Ltd”. The head office of this new company is located in Shanghai, China and will be managed by Falko Schmidt, President of R&M China / Asia. The companies involved in the joint venture are R&M International Asia Operations Pte. Ltd. and AVIC International Ship Development (China) Co. Ltd.
The strategic partnership is oriented towards a long-term cooperation between the companies and will start with the joint project of the turnkey interior outfitting (cabins, public areas and galleys/pantries) of four RoPax ferries for Stena Lines.
The scope of the new established joint venture includes all individual and turnkey solutions for interior outfitting on board of ferries (Ro-Pax), cruise ships and river cruise ships in all areas. Thereof in particular crew and passenger cabins, crew public areas, passenger public areas as well as service and utility areas.
The overall services include:
- Design and engineering, rendered animations and real time simulations on 3D
- Project management and supervision
- Assembly and installation of wet units and cabins
- Solutions for sound, thermal and fire protecting insulation as well as for HVAC – including material definition, software development, material supply and commissioning
- Development, production and installation of products in particular walls, ceilings, doors, custom made furniture, wet units, pullman beds and window boxes